HOW TO GET AROUND?
Valencia has a good underground service, train and urban buses. If you plan to rent a car in Valencia, you will enjoy good roads, avenues and free and paying parking areas . No wonder, renting a car in Valencia is one of the best options to move around, so that you do not depend on schedules and you can go without any problem to areas further away such as L'Albufera. In Unocar we offer a wide selection of rental cars at competitive prices in Valencia.
WHAT CAN YOU VISIT?
Valencia stands out for the coexistence of historical spaces together with very contemporary ones.
- Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (City of Arts and Sciences.) Designed by Calatrava, in this city you can find the Hemisfèric, the Science Museum and the Oceanogràfic. We advise you to buy a combined ticket and spend the day in this wonderful space that will not leave you indifferent.
- L'Albufera. It is an ideal place to enjoy a sunset. L'Albufera is one of the largest lakes in Spain where there are numerous species of water birds . You can visit it by boat trip from El Palmar.
- The 'Pequeña Venecia' of Valencia. Located in the Saplaya Port, the "Pequeña Venecia" is a differnt world, turquoise water channels, colorful buildings and cozy atmosphere will make you forget for a few moments you are in the Valencian Community.
- The Barrio del Carmen. Enter the historical Valencia where you can visit the Quart Towers, the Towers of Serrano, the Central Market, the Plaza de la Virgen, the Miguelete and even the narrowest house in Spain. In addition, it is a perfect place to have a few drinks.
WHICH BEACH SHOULD I GO TO?
- Port Saplaya. It is a residential area of Alboraya, which means that the beach is not very busy and therefore you can enjoy tranquility.
- Playa de San Antonio. This beach belongs to Cullera, it has many services, children's games and sports areas. It is also perfect for water sports.
- The Malvarrosa. It is the most accessible beach and close to the city, perfect for those who seek a lifely atmosphe and where you can possibly meet new people, rather than finding a place to relax.
WHAT SHALL I EAT?
- Paella Valenciana. There is a large variety of paellas, but none of them better than the Valencian paella, it only takes chicken, Ferradura beans, green beans, garlic and tomato, but it gives you a taste that will take your breath away. Watch out! as not in all places paella is prepared as it should be... note ven in Valencia. Below we will inform you about some places where you can enjoy the authentic paella in Valencia.
- Arròs del senyoret. It gets its name because all the ingredients (fish and seafood) come prepared and ready to eat without having to peel or remove peels. If you decide to order this delicacy, we recommend that you accompany it with alioli (a kind of mayonnaise with garlic). Delicious!
- Esgarraet. Perfect starter for an exceptional meal in Valencia. It only takes red pepper cut into strips, cod, garlic and olive oil. Just a tip: once you finish the dish, dip the bread into the remaining oil.
- La Pepica Restaurant. It is one of the most historic restaurants in the city. Located on the beachfront of Cabanyal, is one of the ideal places where you can eat the authentic paella valenciana. Another specialty is seafood, so go with an empty stomach! Telephone: 963 71 03 66.
- Blayet Restaurant. Located in the Perellonet, Blayet is another of the restaurants near the sea where you can enjoy the authentic paella valenciana in addition to other rice and dishes of the area. They have the first national paella award, so it is a must. Phone: 961 77 71 84.
- Mateu Restaurant. It is one of the best known restaurants in Valencia and the most renowned one in Palmar. Here you can enjoy a good paella or an all i pebre among other typical dishes of the area. Also, right next door they offer boat trips around L'Albufera. Telephone: 961 62 02 70.