HOW TO GET AROUND?
Barcelona is very well communicated both by land via trains and underground, and also by air and sea but there is no doubt that if you want to get to know Barcelona and Catalonia more thoroughly the best option is to rent a car so that you do not have to depend on schedules or suffer agglomerations in the public transport. At Unocar we have car rental points in Barcelona at the airport, at Sants train station and at the Port, as well as in different areas of the city and its surroundings.
WHAT CAN YOU VISIT?
- Parque Güell. Undoubtedly one of the most symbolic icons of the city, the park Güell was designed by Gaudí. From this place you can enjoy enviable views and enjoy modernist art in its purest form.
- Sagrada Familia. In the heart of Barcelona, this beautiful cathedral is also designed by Gaudí. Definitely one of the must visit places.
- Casa Batlló. One of the most modernist and well-known works of Antoni Gaudí. Opposite the Sagrada Familia, you will be surprised by this remodeled building that was previously built by Emilio Sala Cortés.
- La Boquería. It is not just a municipal market located in Las Ramblas, but it has already become one of the main tourist attractions where, in addition to fresh produce, you can enjoy delicious freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, cut fruit or prepared dishes for those who wish to eat in a cheap and healthy way.
In addition to these emblematic areas in the city, and due to the good connections that thanks to Barcelona being well communicated, you can get in the car and plant yourself in a short time in the theme park of Portaventura in Tarragona, in the Fuentes del Llobregat or, if your is skiing, In Andorra and enjoy a good skiing session.
WHICH BEACH SHOULD I GO TO?
Barcelona has a large number of beaches and beautiful coves, some of them are crowded and with a lifely atmosphere and others are perfect for a quiet day under the sun and the salt on the sea breeze.
- La Barceloneta. Due to its easy access and proximity to the city, it is one of the favorite beaches for visitors to the city and for the young Catalans because of the sports activities. The Barceloneta has restaurants, sports areas, sunshades and hammock hire, lockers, showers and even a beach library!
- Playas del Maresme. Get in the car and enjoy more than 52km of beach and a total of 49 paradisiac beaches such as the beaches of Montgat or Santa Susana. You will not be able to decide which beach to choose!
- Playa de Canyadell. At one hour away from the city by car, you will find this magnificent beach in the small village of Altafulla. We recommend that you walk along the northern path of the village towards Torredembarra to get to this small and paradisiacal beach. Its fine sand and crystal clear water will make you never want to leave the beach.
WHAT SHALL I EAT?
- Bread with tomato. Although it seems something very common, it is the tapa preferred by Catalans and tourists. Do not be fooled, the real "pa amb tomàquet" is made by rubbing the tomato directly on the bread, you add a little garlic, oil and salt. If the tomato is grated or chopped..., it is not the real one!
- Escalivada. It is also one of the favorite snacks. The original escalivada only carries peppers, eggplant, onion, tomato and anchovies.
- Calçots with romesco sauce. Without doubt, it is one of the most traditional dishes in Catalonia. Get ready to leave the cutlery aside and have fun savoring these small onions that you have to dip in the romesco sauce. You probably stain yourself, but you'll want to repeat.
- Restaurant Cal Boter. Traditional restaurant where you can enjoy Catalan cuisine and grilled meats in the heart of Barcelona. Telephone: 934 58 84 62.
- Restaurante Uma. At L'Eixample you will find exclusivity and elegance through Mediterranean recipes. We advise you to reserve with enough time in advance since it only has about seven tables and, of course, is usually full. Telephone: 656 99 09 30.
- Spoonik. One goes to Spoonik is not only to eat, but also to live an experience that you will not forget. You can taste both Mediterranean and international food through recipes full of creativity and avant-garde. Telephone: 934 88 64 84.