HOW TO GET AROUND?
Alicante has public transport such as buses and trains, although it is one of the cities with most places of interest, especially paradisiacal coves, the best thing is to have a car to move freely both in the city and around. Unocar providers have several offices in the airport, port and different points of the city.
WHAT CAN YOU VISIT?
- The Castle of Santa Bárbara. At the top of Mount Benacatil is this castle from the Muslim period.
- The Barrio de Santa Cruz. It is one of the most picturesque neighborhoods of Alicante, full of narrow streets with white houses and colorful flowerpots and tiles.
- Tabarca's island. Just eight kilometers from the Port of Santa Pola, this small island of only twenty-two kilometers, it has a population of just about sixty people. It's a marine reserve, so if you like snorkeling, take your diving equipment!
WHICH BEACH SHOULD I GO TO?
- La Granadella. This beach, near Javea, is perfect for those who love diving. You will love its turquoise water.
- Playa La Caleta de Villajoyosa. This beach if far from the capital, so there are not many people throughout the year as getting there is somewhat complicated, but it is worth it. If you are looking for a quiet beach, this is perfect.
- Playa La Roda de Altea. Located in one of the villages that you must visit if you visit Alicante, you will find this gravel beach different from the rest and very quiet as it is not usually as crowded as the sandy beaches.
WHAT SHALL I EAT?
As it is located in the Valencian Community, the typical dishes are very similar among the different provinces, the main ingredient of almost all its dishes is rice. An example of this are oven cooked rice, arroz a banda, black rice with alioli and fideua.
- Nou Manolín. A classic of Alicante where you will find quality tapas. We advise you to order any rice dish. Phone: 965 20 03 68.
- La Ereta. Enjoy Mediterranean and creative cuisine on one of the most beautiful terraces in Alicante. From this terrace you can enjoy views of Barrio Santa Cruz and Alicante Bay.
- La Mar de Arroz. As it is suggested by it name, perfect for eating rice. We advise you to order arroz a banda and to reserve with plenty of time in advance since they are in great demand. Telephone: 965 28 23 54.